1. Understanding of the relationship between the organisms and both the natural and anthropogenic changes of the ecosystems in coastal areas.
2. Ways and means to protect the coastal environment in line with the requirements of sustainable development.
3. Understanding the relationship between the geophysics of coastal areas and the systems of different environments.
4. Study of marine life that resides in the sea and coastline.
5. Ecology of the coral reefs and marine life associated with it as an integrated ecosystem.
6. The role of marine environment in moderating climatic changes resulting from the industrial revolution.
7. Study the chemistry of marine elements
8. Practical deployment of computer applications for the management of coastal areas.
9. Environmental applications, consultation and services in Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) and environmental investigations.